Join Our Team!
We are always looking for people to join our team of technical professionals. Candidates must be self-motivated, flexible workers and must be able to respond in a team atmosphere.
In return we offer ;
- Flexible working
- 24 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Stakeholder pension
- Annual bonus
It is our policy to provide employment equality to all, irrespective of gender, religious belief, political opinion, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins), disability, sexual orientation or age.
We have listed our current vacancies below. If you feel like you have what it takes, please email us – we look forward to hearing from you!
PROJECT MANAGER (Temporary & Fulltime)
Spindlewood are the leading provider of telecoms, CCTV and IT networking services to the corporate and the entertainment industry. Delivering services nationwide they are currently looking for an Enthusiastic Project Manager.
This is an interesting but challenging role where you will work at many of the UK’s biggest music, sporting and corporate events. Due to the nature of this work, you may be required to work away for potentially long periods, therefore candidates will need to be highly flexible. Working away from home up to 4 months of the year (1-4 weeks at a time).
Project Managers will have the responsibility of one or more projects at any one time. Planning and implementing the onsite network and installing the necessary equipment for a successful event.
Depending on the size of the project, project managers will often be required to manage a team, plan and prioritise to gain the maximum effectiveness to meet tight deadlines, sometimes in demanding weather conditions.
- Represent the company at customer sites, liaising on the installation and timings
- Project planning and preparation
- Responsible for the setup of the onsite IT infrastructure
- Connecting relevant equipment (PTMP, CCTV, VoIP Phones, Wi-fi, Routers & Switches)
- Familiarising yourself with the needs of the customer and responding appropriately
- Ensure that all Health & Safety procedures are always adhered to
- Team welfare and discipline
- 2 years minimum Project Management experience in IT or Telecommunication Systems
- 2 years minimum working experience in IT as engineer/technician (Installation of Wi-Fi, VoIP, ADSL, PTP/PTMP, Routers and Switches)
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Daily planning including equipment lists, project debriefs, daily engineer job assignments & planning customer requirements
- Full UK Licence (Travel UK wide)
- CSCS / IPAF would be an advantage
- Qualified in Fibre Optics
- CCNA / CCNP
- IT Network Design
PROJECT TECHNICIAN (Temporary)
- Represent the company at a customers site across the UK, liaising with customers on the installation and commissioning of equipment.
- Responsible for setting up IT infrastructure and network.
- Connecting relevant equipment i.e. CCTV, VoIP telephones, internet access and Wifi.
- Familiarising yourself with the needs of the customer and responding appropriately.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety rules, procedures and requirements are adhered to at all times.
- Provide a professional service to all customers at all times.
- The successful candidate will have experience of working within a team environment and have basic IT skills.
- Due to the nature of this work, you will be required to work away for potentially long periods (maybe 3-4 weeks at a time) therefore; candidates will need to be highly flexible.
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Happy working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Health & Safety aware.
- Having CSCS / IPAF cards would be an advantage.
- Full UK Driving Licence required.
- Accommodation is provided on all events.
- Food is provided at the majority of events over main build & show days.
- There will be a compulsory training course held in Tamworth for all prospective applicants. Day(s) to be confirmed.